Friday, March 2, 2018

My Boy 2/19/18

You're not mine
and yet, you are.
I've been dreaming of you
since before you were born.

Dreaming of you
and dreaming of you specifically.
You are my son
even though it wasn't my pregnancy.

You've lived so many places,
but in my heart you've always been.
Soon back to our home
you should be comin'.

Comin' to stay.
Comin' for keeps.
Oh my son,
how my heart weeps.

I miss you so much
sometimes I think I'll break.
Like any happiness in me
I fear is fake.

I had the best birthday,
because you were here.
It was just your daddy, your brother,
me and you my dear.

We had all been sick,
and now we were healthy.
I remember looking at you all
just saying how much I loved our family.

We had our health,
and we had our boys.
That day was filled
with so much joy.

Didn't know then
our visit was about to end.
And we'd all have to go through
the transition again.

Oh my son
we're coming back for you!
Oh God,
please help us through.

Help us through the heartache.
Help us through the tears.
May this all soon be a fading memory
and just a story that he hears.

God be his comfort,
when I cannot be.
Please wipe away our tears,
and give us permanency.