Thursday, March 1, 2018

Poem: Another Mother's Day

We adopted Darrell in March last year. March is before Mother's Day, y'all all know that. Anyway, though having an adopted kid is amazing, it didn't "fix" things. You'll see what I mean when you read my poem:

---------------------

May 8th 2017
Another Mother's Day

Mother's Day is hard for me,
Because for so long I longed to be a mommy.

Becoming a foster mom, in part,
made my dreams come true.
But that "foster" part?
is a difficult thing to do.

I've lost so many children,
in so little time.
More than one of which,
I wished forever'd be mine.

I now have an adopted son,
maybe more adopted later.
And though having him helps,
it doesn't make things all better.

Even though I know I shouldn't,
Mother's Day I dread.
Wish I could simply ignore,
it's existence instead.