Monday, July 16, 2018

Enemy attacking,
   happiness lacking.
Memories of sins before,
   come flooding in galore.

Failure, hypocrite,
   completely not worth it.
What's the point of even trying?
   To myself I feel I'm lying.

Left and right, left and right,
   constantly I'm in a fight.
Who will win? We will see,
   am I fighting vigilantly?

You must not quit.
   Don't give up the fight.
That's the enemy attacking.
   You know those thoughts aren't right.

You're not a hypocrite,
   you're in a battle.
Don't give in
   'cause your armor's been rattled.

Don't lose hope,
   because your enemy is strong.
Don't you forget,
   to Whom you belong.

My God has angel armies,
   at His command.
All I need is ask,
   and He will lend a fighting hand.

I mustn't give up hope,
   and the enemy hasn't won.
My armor has been rattled,
   but the battle's just begun.