Saturday, February 27, 2010

Desire to Mother

'It's like being hungry

or having to pee' 
I once heard it said, 
wanting to have a baby. 

I know how she felt 
for I feel that way as well. 
It's difficult to explain, 
difficult to tell. 

Each month it gets harder, 
every time you're more eager. 
You get depressed, 
you feel your time will be never. 

The old wives tale, 
that babies come in threes, 
One... Two... Three... 
Again it's not me. 

They all assume you're waiting, 
which makes you want to cry. 
They encourage, say that's great, 
you don't tell them that you try. 

You try not to get your hopes up, 
but your hopes are defiant. 
So you keep on planning, 
how to say that you're pregnant. 

Will you ever get your baby? 
Will I ever get mine? 
You're tired of hearing, 
'Just wait some time' 

It's like a hole in your chest, 
you feel so alone. 
Am I really this desperate? 
*Theses feelings not shown* 

What if we can't have one? 
The doubts begin to start. 
If we couldn't have one, 
would God put that desire in my heart? 

Don't know what the future holds, 
we'll just have to wait and see. 
Hope my husband gets home soon now.
Need to try again for that baby.


-Suzanna  2/27/10