Saturday, August 25, 2018

Time to Straighten Things Out

I went to the chiropractor yesterday, and man, I am so outta wack. I had both boys with me, younger in a stroller and older in a chair with a tablet, and they did better than I thought they would. I had talked with the lady over the phone before making an appointment letting her know that I've got two little active boys, lol, and that they may need an extra eye on them seeing as I would be face down on a table. The younger in the stroller stayed contained! Mainly just wanted to sit there and suck his thumb while observing all that went on. And the older... well he needed redirected a few times, but he did well enough I don't think they'll mind too much me coming again.
      I told the chiropractor that I don't know how I get so messed up, that all I do is chase after these two. Know what he said? "That's a lot." That made me feel some better. I do think I need to start exercising or something, maybe building up the muscles around all these bones will help them stay where they out to be, but first? First they need to be where they ought! Oh it's a vicious circle, lol. Any advice? He adjusted my knees and ankles, my hips and pelvic, a whole bunch of ribs, my shoulders, elbows and wrists, my neck, and of course my spine. It's kinda surprising sometimes what things hurt more, like one knee was bothering me yesterday before going, but it was the other knee that hurt more to adjust. My husband says that the one that wasn't bothering me had probably just gotten used to being out of place.
     That's so how life works, isn't it? Things get outta wack, messed up, out of place from where they should be and.... we get used to it. We don't notice that there's a problem anymore. And when someone points it out, it hurts. And it's hard to get things to where they should be and to get them to stay that way. Reminds me of a poem I recently wrote; it's not about getting my bones straightened out, but about getting my priorities straight. And you know what? It hurts. And it's going to take hard work to fix things.
_____________________________________

Forgetting my manners,
You're what matters.
I want You first, not last.
I don't want to go back to my past.
Where everything else was more important.
I was so self-absorbent.
God I pray,
Help me not forget about You each day.
------
Child, I love you.
And I know long distance relationships are hard.
But I try and try and try,
and sometimes you'll barely open a greeting card.
I will always keep on trying,
for you're too important to Me.
I want our hearts to intertwine,
I dream you'll join Me in eternity.
But I won't make you live,
with someone you don't love.
If you love Me,
you'll learn to put Me above.