Thursday, June 24, 2010

Forward not backward please

I think part of the reason I want to be a mom so bad, is so I can act like a kid again. 
_ Have water fights in the backyard,
_ build fortresses in the living room,
_ play the don't touch the floor game/tag ur it.
I miss trying to find the perfect hiding spot.
I want to build a tree house, just cause I've never had one, and because in Arthur it seemed so cool.
I like to pick out crazy clothes at the store, so I can play dress up in the dressing room.
I want to have an Easter egg hunt, and have a themed birthday party.
I want to play the telephone game, hot potato, and musical chairs.
Once I'm a mom I can do all the above, with the excuse of having a little one.
Being a big sister I got do do most of those anyway. But now that I'm not at home, I'm too old.
I don't want to go back and be a kid myself (though it would be fun to fit in the side table again). But I want to be around kids and play their "simple" games.
_ Pretend our house is a castle,
_ if you don't run fast enough through the kitchen you're feet will get burned by the hot coals,
_ the living room floor opens up and there's a pool underneath,
_ and there's a dragon living in the bathroom.
Or maybe pretending you are a news reporter and you have found a shrinking ray.
I miss the imagination, learning new words, and.... just about everything.
I could go on and on..... 
_ Helping dad make a big breakfast on Saturday mornings,
_ Getting special permission to stay up late watching a movie,
_ Getting birthday cards in the mail with a one dollar bill in them,
_ Writing letters to "The Mommy Tooth-Fairy".
But now I would be the mommy tooth fairy writing letters to the toothless kid.
I want to be a mommy so I can watch my kids put on a show for when we visit grandma & grandpa and all their aunts and uncles.
I'm all sappy now not because I want to go back, but because I with I could jump forward to that one day, some day, in the future that I'll have that life I so desire.