Sunday, August 5, 2018

I Want More

I want to live life more abundantly, and live life more abundantly now. I don't want to spend all my time at the kitchen sink. I don't want to be drowning in piles of laundry. I don't want to be frustrated and stressed and stepping on toys every time I turn around. I want life around here to change. I'm working on changing things. I'm decluttering my house. Getting rid of stuff. Less stuff = less to do = less stress = more time....
    I just read a post someone wrote about having clean windows. It was about how her kids were grown now and her windows no longer are covered in hand prints and smudges from kid faces. She spoke of the stress and the chaos and was just encouraging mothers to "hold on". It's the same thing I hear just about everywhere, that raising kids is stressful and chaos and yet somehow one day I'll miss it. I don't know....
    I don't want to simply survive these years. I don't want to hold on until one day I see that it's over. I want more.