Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Secret

I'm 24 years old and no one thinks I look it. People are surprised I'm married, because I look so young. They are more surprised when I tell them it'll be 5 years in October. So they ask how old I am. And you know what the next question is? If I have any kids. They are very surprised I got married at 19 and have no children. Seems the norm is that you get married that young because you're pregnant. I'm happy to say that wasn't me. But you want to know a secret? Some times I wish it was. I knew I wanted to marry my husband a year before we wed, that was 6 months before he even proposed. Sometimes I wish that during that year we would have "made the mistake and gotten pregnant". The next few years wouldn't have been filled with depressing poems of how I want children. I would never have joined blogger and searched out people like me. I wouldn't have been envious of my mother when she got pregnant with the last one. I would have a kid almost 4 or 5 right now! Ok so I probably would be stuck in secondary infertility. I want a large family and I'm sure by the time I had a 3 year old, I'd be trying for the next. But my life would be so different. I would be a mom! I'd be raising a child! People might think I'm my age just because I have a kid. I know all this sounds weird coming from me. I mean... People who get pregnant with their boyfriend upset me. If I could go back and change things, I would not. I like who I am and how I got here (at least on my good days, lol). It's the first day of my cycle and it kinda puts me down in the dumps, know what I mean? I want a kid so badly....

On that note, Friday we're going in to get the semen analysis done. Pray that next step in our adventure goes well? :\