Thursday, June 9, 2011

Child Care IS NOT Birth Control

.....Cycle Day 35.....
       I am so desperate for a child...  I feel like there is this big hole in my heart that only a little one can fill.  Have you ever worked at a daycare?  It's kinda funny.... well I think it's kinda sad... but anyways... People refer to having such a job as birth control.  They think if you spend so much time with other people's kids you'll realize just how much trouble they can be and you won't want one.  How crazy is that?!  I got a job there because I love kids, and no that thought didn't change.  In fact I want my own children more the more time I spend with other people's children.  And those trouble making kids?  Those kids that can't stay quiet in church.... can't stay still in a waiting room.... those that don't listen to adults.... those that take a toy from another kid and then hit them with it....  Every time something like that happens I just think "Things would be different if you were mine."  And tada!  I still want my own kids!  lol. 
      Daycare, nursery, babysitter, nanny....  No matter how many diapers I change, no matter how many times I hear a baby scream and cry, no matter how many fits a toddler throws because they don't get what they want.....  I know it's all worth it.  Because when they smile at you, when they fall asleep in your arms, when they give you a hug, or when they've just learned to say your name...  You would do just about anything to hold on to that moment. 
      Today I am going to meet a mother of two children, a five year old boy, and a six month old girl.  This mother is a 1st grade school teacher.  And she sounds very interested in me being a nanny for her kids.  I pray that she likes me and that I will get this job.  Taking care of children is what I love, and what I know best.
      In other news... My body still doesn't feel like I'm going to start anytime soon.  So I have decided that even though pregnancy tests are sooo much more expensive at the store than they are online... I will buy some today.