Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Concerned with other things

Haven't posted in forever!  lol.  Haven't taken much time to look around any one's blog in a while either.  Seeing as we don't have internet at home, and I haven't started back to work yet where there's internet, seems there's always too many things to get done online when I do get over here.  About the only thing I take the time to check is to see if the babies that are due have been born yet.  They haven't!  Not much longer for Chrissie or Angie!  So excited for you guys!!!
   Yeah yeah yeah, I haven't told you anything about how I'm doing.  I'm doing.... ok?  I painted my kitchen!  Have gone to two weddings!  Have visited family!  Been hanging out with friends!  I'm still not pregnant of course, but you know what?  I'm not really concerned with that right now.  I can't picture a future without me one day, some day, in the future, having children of my own.  I just don't see it.  Of course I also can't picture my period ever going away for a while... or me ever having a positive pregnancy test... but that's not the point.  lol. 
    Part of the reason I get worked up about not having a baby yet is because.... of pride?  I'm the oldest, and being the oldest some things you just expect the privilege of getting first, because you're the first it's like you have that right, ya know?  I got my first kiss first.  I got my first boyfriend first.  I got my drivers license first.  I graduated first.  I got married first.  And now I'm supposed to have my first baby first.  Well seeing as I don't think any of my sisters have had their first kiss yet....  I probably still have a pretty good chance of having my first baby first.  But really... why does it bother me sooo much that one of my sisters might beat me to it?  Bleh... lets not think about that right now.  I don't need to get worked up about it.
     The real reason I'm not very concerned with baby stuff right now is because....  Well I have bigger things to think about.  Our marriage has been having some issues lately, so we're working on that.  Also, as I might have mentioned before, my relationship with God isn't at it's best, so I'm working on that.  I also am trying to make closer female friends, and realizing my male friends are closer than they should be.  Basically I've been too busy and concerned with relationships all around me to really give the baby thoughts much thought.  I don't really know if that's a good thing.... but that's that.
     Today my dear friend Tiffany will be traveling down to visit me!  She'll be here for 5days!  I am very excited to be spending some quality time with her very soon.  I am looking forward to getting to introduce her to my friends down here, my wonderful church, the shops and stores we have... Basically introduce her to my current life. 
      Thursday is my husbands birthday!  He'll be 24 this year.  Since I'm such a jealous, selfish person.... We celebrated his birthday early so I wouldn't have to share it with anyone else! lol.  He'll be working on his birthday, I might be too, then that evening he's leading bible study at our house.... Thought it best to celebrate some when we weren't so busy.  =)
      Jared is starting plumbing school on the 30th!  He'll have school every Monday and Tuesday night, out of town, until around Christmas.  It looks like I'll only get to see him first thing in the morning, and maybe last thing before falling asleep, on the days that he has school.....  I am not looking forward to that.  But we'll manage.  To help keep me preoccupied, I'm starting a ladies fellowship on Tuesday nights!  First night will be this 31st if you want to come!  lol.
      Anyways... that's how life is my way right now.  Hope all is well with you and yours <3