Thursday, January 23, 2014

Favorite Age - Poem

Two year olds and three year olds,
that's my favorite age!
So much fun and learning,
in that special stage.

I can be their buddy,
whether I'm friend or mom.
And when they get hurt,
I hope to me that they will come.

I'll kiss their boo-boos, make them laugh,
and they will feel reassured.
Then they'll be right back off,
as free as a bird.

I'll teach them how to lick ice-cream,
and how to put on their shoes.
And hope to hear one day,
little I love yous.

I love little kiddos,
they're just so much fun!
There's still so much learning,
in a little one.

Like how to ride a bike!
And swing up high, and hold on tight!
And maybe even fly a kite!
Oh what a happy sight.

Then there are some simple things,
like how to hop, and how to skip.
And they may need lots of help,
to learn how to flip!

And then when summer comes,
teach them how to swim!
Oh to teach a child,
gives me such a grin!

Did I mention I love little ones?
The younger are the best!
So much more eager to learn,
than any of the rest.


-Suzanna  1/23/14