Tuesday, January 21, 2014

No preggo

It's official, I'm 25 and not pregnant. Guess I'll look more into adoption. I think I know who I'd like to contact first, brother Rob. He's a friend of the family and I've heard he's a social worker who consults? meets with? I don't remember what word they used... Anyways, he helps people who are wanting to adopt. He's a minister at a church who helps fund the children's home where I'd like to adopt a little kid from. I would really like a child 3 or younger. Two and three year olds are our favorite ages in children, three is my favorite, two is his. I have other reasons for wanting a child that age, but mostly it's because I simply love that age. I don't know if the children's home has a child around that age that's up for adoption or not, but I hope they do and that they will find us to be good candidates to adopt. Anyways... I guess contacting Rob will be my first step, and hopefully he will tell me what my next should be. I might see about messaging him today.

On another note, I may be a bit sad that I'm not pregnant, but I'm also a bit happy. Right now I'm really dreaming of having a kid, not a baby. I really want a child. My littlest brother will be 4 in July, I really want one younger than him (though I know there's a chance mom could pop out another). How much younger, I don't really care. I really like kids better than babies, they're just so much more fun. I want to read bed time stories, and teach them new things every day. I don't expect them to love me right away, but I hope after a month or so they'll be my little buddy. Adopting from the children's home means getting a kid with a past. But I think those kids need a loving home even more than others. I hope whatever the child's past, that together with God's help we can overcome it. And I pray the child will learn to love and trust God and us as well. I also pray that when we get into all this adoption stuff... That if I get pregnant, it'll wait until it's all over, I want a kid home in my arms first.