Sunday, September 22, 2013

I'll fail

I'm sure you've heard people say, "I think you would make a great mother.". My thoughts about that statement for a long time have been, *Yeah me too, or I wouldn't want to be a mom.*. I've never been scared of having a child. I helped raise my siblings, and several other people's kids. I feel I know what I'm doing and I would make an excellent mother. But in recent months I've come to realize something, no parent is perfect. Not that I thought I would be, it's just I've realized I'll mess up. In some form or fashion my child will wish I did things differently, just like I wish my parents did. I will fail. I will fail them somewhere in some way. I pray God will help me raise my children and that they will know Him. And that our children will know we love them. So many grow up not feeling loved! I'm scared. I'm scared because I know I'll fail and it might be in a big way. I still want to be a mom, and still think I would be a good one... but not nearly so excellent a mother as I once thought.