Thursday, September 12, 2013

Terrible conversationalist

I am not a workaholic, but when people ask me how I'm doing all I can think to say is, I'm potty training Blakely. About all I have to talk about is Blakely, how she is, how therapy is going, my hopes and fears for her future, and so on. Outside of that I have fertility stuff to talk about. I also enjoy a good discussion about God. I wish God were at the top of my list of topics. And I wish these three areas weren't the center of my life. While at work I tend to talk about Ellie, Jon & Cherish's kid. I don't have my own child, but I can always find someone else's to speak about. Oh I know what else I talk about! Whatever book I've been reading, or show I've been watching, which is probably a more common topic with me than God as well. I just feel like there should be more. Talking about shows, books, another's child, or again relating our struggle with fertility... None of it seems to have substance. How much of it really matters? And how much does any one care to hear me talk forever about it? I don't know.... Next time I'll let someone else pick the topic.